2016 PLAY SUBMISSIONS
SUBMIT YOUR ONE-ACT PLAY FOR SCI-FEST 2016
ONE-ACT PLAY SUBMISSION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Each person submitting a script for consideration (“Applicant”) for presentation at Sci-Fest (the “Festival”) acknowledges and agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Scripts must be less than 25 pages and have a running time of less than 20 minutes, have a science fiction theme, and be submitted, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, as an attachment in either PDF or Microsoft Word format. In order to be considered, submitted scripts must be received by the Festival no later than December 1, 2015, 11:59pm PST. Scripts will not be returned.
2. Sci-Fest welcomes international submissions from outside the U.S.A. All scripts submitted to the festival must be written in English.
3. Sci-Fest charges a $10 non-refundable fee for submitting a one-act play. Writers may submit more than one play to the festival. No scripts will be accepted after December 1, 2015
4. Each Applicant will be notified via the e-mail address provided to The Festival of its decision on which plays will be initially accepted for presentation at the Festival, no later than January 31, 2016. Initial acceptance of a script does not guarantee that it will be presented at the Festival and such presentation is conditioned upon Applicant and the Festival entering into a mutually acceptable production agreement with respect to said initially accepted script. The Festival’s decisions whether to initially accept a script for presentation at the Festival, and whether to ultimately present it at the Festival, will be made in the Festival’s sole discretion and are final. Any playwright whose play is selected for production in the one of the main stage programs will receive a one-time royalty of $200.00 for the run of the festival (approximately 12-16 performances).
5. Each Applicant represents and warrants that he or she has the power and authority to submit the script(\(\(s) to the Festival, and that neither the script itself nor the submission thereof to the Festival and infringe(s) the rights of any third party.
6. Each Applicant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sci-Fest, LLC, its affiliates, licensees, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, agents, and attorneys, and their respective successors, assigns and legal representatives, from any and all manner of claims and/or proceedings arising from or related in any way to the Applicant’s submission of a script to the Festival.
7. Each Applicant hereby grants the Festival the non-exclusive right, for a period of one year from the date of Applicant’s submission of a script, to forward the script to one or more third party production companies, networks, or studios to permit such third parties to evaluate the script for possible acquisition by said third party for development as a motion picture, television, or other media project. In the event such a third party wishes to contact an Applicant to attempt to negotiate acquisition of said rights in an Applicant’s script, Applicant further authorizes the Festival to provide Applicant’s e-mail address (or other contact information supplied by Applicant) for that purpose.”
Please click the button below to pay your submission fee and then submit your one-act to Sci-Fest! Please note, submitting a play indicated acceptantce of our terms and conditions. Thank you!
PLAYS SUBMITTED WITHOUT A CORRESPONDING PAYPAL FEE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
*Note: submitting a play via any method, indicates that you agree to all Sci-Fest terms and conditions.